Visiting the School
We see it as important that an atmosphere of trust and partnership exist between school and home.
If you have a concern, meet with your child’s class teacher as soon as possible.
Staff are available most days to speak with parents. Try and make an appointment if you can.
If you need to speak with the Headteacher telephone or call in, however it maybe necessary to make an appointment
If you are visiting our school, whilst on our premises, you must observe the following:
- All staff and visitors must enter through the entrance on Romilly Road via the main gates and school office.
- All visitors, including volunteers, must report to the school office before entering the school to sign in and be given a visitor’s badge. All visitors must sign out at the end of their visit.
- All visitors to the school are required to produce Photo ID at the reception desk, and to wear a Visitor's Badge.
- Please do not enter the school unless escorted by a member of staff or by prior arrangement.
- Please do not open doors leading onto secure school premises.
- If your visit involves working independently with the children you will be asked to produce a current enhanced DBS certificate along with your Photo ID.
- Your safety and wellbeing during your visit are important to us. As a visitor you have a legal duty to care for the Health and Safety of yourself and others.
- If the Fire Alarm should sound please leave the building by the nearest exit and proceed to the assembly point. DO NOT RE-ENTER THE BUILDING until you are told it is safe to do so.
- Romilly Primary School operates a NO SMOKING POLICY which we ask you to respect.
- Staff have the right, and are encouraged, to question anyone on the school premises who they do not recognise.
- Visitors can expect to be treated with respect by our staff; in turn we ask that you be polite and respectful whilst on our premises.
- Anyone behaving in an aggressive or disrespectful manner will be asked to leave immediately. Persistent offenders will be banned from the premises.